Class C: Ford or Chevy?

pezar

Hi, I'm new here, and I'm thinking of fulltiming in a few years. I want to buy a used Class C because the new ones are so expensive, and RVs seem to lose a LOT of value once you drive them off the lot. I've noticed that most Class C's are built on the Ford E Class chassis with the Triton V10 engine, but it seems that the V10 has issues with spark plugs exploding. I've also noticed a handful of Chevy based C's from the early 2000's floating around. Would a Chevy home be a better choice? What about the state of GM, which is now controlled by the government, and getting engine parts? I don't want something that's TOO old, but I don't want to throw money down the black water tank either. :dead: If anybody knows of a fair dealer in northern California that will give me a reasonable deal on new, great.

C Nash

Re: Class C: Ford or Chevy?

So far my V10 plugs are staying where they are supposed to :laugh: I would not let the chassis stand in the way of purchase. I am a GM person driving a Ford and have been very pleased with the V10. Do a goggle search on the V10 spark plug problem to find the year most problem occured.

LEN

Re: Class C: Ford or Chevy?

Don't think I would worry about either, but I would search on when ford fixed the plug problem and go newer than that year. As far as parts for either, there are so many after market parts no problem.

LEN