Class C roll

DonCar

I just purchased a NEW 2007 Chevrolet Gulfstream Conquest which was a leftover. The vehicle has less than 1000 miles on it, however when I drove it on the highway I noticed the vehicle had alot of sway and was had to fight the steering wheel during some light winds.
My question is should I install sway bars or a steering damper. I have heard pros and cons on both, but would welcome your suggestions.
Thanks,
Don

rjf7g

Re: Class C roll

Don-
Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your new rig. Does it have anything in it right now? It could be that the load is not distributed properly. Also, check the air in the tires - that makes a HUGE difference. Which floor plan is it?

DonCar

HI Becky:
Its a 21ft Model 6511. I have checked the air pressure and I have not added any weight to the unit. I felt the vehicle had excessive roll and sway as soon as I took delivery of it and got onto the highway.
The vehicle has a heavy duty sway bar in the front but I did not see a steering stabilizer.
Thanks,
Don

DonCar

RE: Class C roll

I installed a Roadmaster rear anti-sway bar. That made all of the difference in the world, no more roll and when trucks pass by they do not disturb the vehicles momentum.
Just figured I would share this with everyone.

H2H1

now here is a real RVer, he took the matter in is on hands and fixed it. As Nash as stated thanks for coming back and giving us that up date. BTW you have given me a idea to do mine. :laugh: :approve: