Cleaning RV toilet

We have a china toilet in our Georgie Boy RV. I need to know what to use to clean it with as I'm sure we couldn't use the same thing we use in the house because of the "controls" that are in the tank. I wouldn't want to use anything that would harm them. Any ideas what to use?

akjimny

I use the Scrubbing Bubbles toilet cleaning pads. Instructions say you can flush them, but I don't. They seem to work fine with no problems so far.:)

H2H1

sorry, I can't comment. The wife does our and I don't know what she use. might be my tooth brush for all I know.But it cleaned afterwards. JK on the last part, but she does do the cleaning

Pancanbob

Hi Hollis
My Better part is alway reminding me "You have to sleep sometime":(
so be carful what you say, as they NEVER forget anything :stupid:
I married Mis. Right ... at the time I didn't know her first name was Always :p
Take care:triumphant:

rrountree

Vinegar and water in a spray bottle

The most useful spray bottle I have is vinegar and water. Cleans everything, including toilets.

C Nash

When in doubt ck the owner manual or get a product from your local rv store make for the rv toilet.

LEN

I use the wifes toothbrush when she's been mean to me...... Really use the same thing I use at home and then wine that I have to clean it. Good little brush not too soft not too hard to clean the seal and scrubin bubbles or the like and a purex type for the bugs, then I throw up a couple times to start the black tank off right. I hope you can see what 50% is the true.

LEN

midone

It sure is a pain when you then have to start with cleaning your toilet as that is something that is quite tough to handle, quite honestly. Though it is one of the things that you should just not let pass. I mean, in as much it is a burden, further delaying it would cause much problems that would be very tough to handle the next time out. So you just have to budget your time in order to be able to get them done right away.

Wolfpack Fan

Pretty much whatever household cleaners you use are fine. I do avoid using anything with pumice in it. Ajax, comet, soft scrub, etc. My thought is the grit, which is usually finely ground pumice will settle into the tank and eventually work it's way into the gate valve and cause it to leak. That's not a tank you want leaking.

ejdixon

We use Enviro-Chem Impact Acid Free Bathroom Cleaner for our RV toilet. Works really well, and it's also environmentally-friendly (or at least that's what we've been told).