Cloth day/night shades

ff1

We have a Sunnybrook 2006 Titan 5th wheel. Last night the cord on the right side of the day/night shade snapped. Does anyone know how to fix this? Thank you......

utmtman

Re: Cloth day/night shades

You will have to restring it with a new cord. I have seen a post on doing that somewhere but not sure where. Good luck to ya.

*scooter*

I've had the same problem on two of my shades. I checked out how to re-string the shade and decided to have it done. I sent mine to Mike Thompson’s RV
in California. They're at 13940 E. Firestone Blvd, Santa Fe Springs, California, 90670, 1-888-325-1378. I talked to the service manager and the two times I've had it done they came out very nice.
Good Luck.

DL Rupper

I always have a local blind repair expert do mine. You have to look in each town if you are traveling until you find someone that can do them. I have had 6 or 7 blinds repaired in 14 years. Only one of them was done with a crappy cord that broke again within a years use. That was a blind repair in El Cajon, CA. Some of the other RV forums have links to day/night do-it-yourself shade repair, but it looks hard to do correctly.

ff1

Thank you so much for all your replies. We printed the instructions and will try to do it ourselves.
Nan

ff1

We fixed the blinds with all of your help. Ordered the string from Fix My Blinds. Thank you to all of you. :)