Condensation in the corners

wskadavis

I purchased a travel trailer in August and during our November and December camping trips I noticed quite a bit of moisture in the corner of the walls and under the bathroom sink, to the point that water would pool up under the corner almost like it was a water leak. I do not believe we have a leak, but it does seem a bit much for it to be condensation. The trailer is a 2010 fiberglass body and rubber roof. Any comments?

Triple E

Re: Condensation in the corners

The only way to verify if it is a leak or condensation is to completely drain your water lines. If this area remains dry with the lines dry then it is time to look for a leak around your sink.

Could there be water coming in from the outside. What was the weather like on your camping trip?

wskadavis

To Triple E, it was raining. Also, the seepage is in the corners where there are no water lines. I have taken the trailer in to have it looked at after our November camping trip, but it didn't work, water was seeping in during the December trip in which it rained two of the seven days. Thanks.

C Nash

You are getting a leak from the rain IMO. Ck around windows and all roof mounted vents, ac and any other places that are on the roof.

Triple E

Well at least it is still under warranty. Stay on the dealer until it has been solved. If you have troubles getting them to fix it, call the manufacture and raise cain. Outside water coming into the trailer is bad news. Good luck.

H2H1

well Williams I hope it is not FOREST RIVER :( :( they do have a bad rap sheet, but as some will say, they have no problem with theres and that I say is good.

wskadavis

Thanks for all of your replies. Yes, it is a Froest River but my dealer is a good dealer.

H2H1

So glad you do have a good dealer, they are hard to find, but I do think you find out real soon just how good he is when the work falls on him to repair .Not saying he can't do it, but rather if FR will repay him for the work if it is done under warranty

bookseller

We lived on a boat for ten years and know about leaks believe me. If you get a leak you have a small problem, if we got a leak it was called sinking. I can say for sure, you have a leak. If you have an idea of where it might be try pouring some colored water there and find out where it ends up. From what I have heard about Forrest River they should be very experienced with leaks since they get so many complaints.