Condensation on walls

BJFarar

We took our new camper out for the first time this past week, weather was cool but nothing extreme. The windows and walls of our camper were sweating to the point water was standing on the floors and cabinet tops. we have had 2 prior campers and never had this problem before even when wintering in the North East States. Any idea what could be the problem or solution. ( suppose to be an all weather camper)

Steve H

I would be sure to leave a roof vent open while you are using the coach. People, the furnace and stove create a lot of moisture and it needs a way to escape.

H2H1

I like to use little electric heaters in mine the heat makes it warm inside and removed the moisture.

C Nash

Did you dry clothes in the rv, wet towels, cooking. All these will create moisture. How many people inside? even our bodies will create quite a bit of moisture. As other have said air flow will help. there or also products out there to help remove moisture. It being an all weather RV means it's probably more air tight than the others you had. Was it raining?

Pancanbob

Hi, BJFarar
Welcome to the forum
Not sure how big your "Camper" is. or what type heating you have.
A propane furnace will not increase the humidity, by raising the air temp. you lower the humidity of the air and reduce the condensation.
The furnace uses air from the outside, and exhaust to the outside too.
But if you use the stove, baking/cooking this will increase the humidity, also taking a hot shower, drying cloths too.
You should NEVER use the stove to heat your camper
In order to stop the condensation on the windows & walls is to lower the moisture inside the camper.
A dehumidifier will do this.. or open vents to let the wet air out.
Another thing you could try is to warm up the camper before using it.
Water forms when wet air makes contact with a cold surface, by turning on the heater (propane or electric) and warming up the inside.
This may help reduce the condensation.
Hope this help.. good luck
Take care
Bob

LEN

The human body expels 2 cups of water a day, you can get 2-4 cups of water in cooking a meal. Venting is the only way to not cause sweating in a RV or maybe adding a couple Dry-Z or something the like.

LEN

ejdixon

The condensation might be because of lack of air flow while cooking, bathing, and washing dishes. Like what everyone said here, even we can contribute to the amount of moisture inside. Keeping the vents and exhaust fan open and using a heater can help solve the problem. Putting some dehumidifiers in the bathroom and near the washing area can also reduce the moisture. If after doing that you still notice that there's still condensation in your camper, have it checked. There might be a leak in the window sealant.

KarenS144

We noticed quite a bit of condensation on the walls of the slide where the head of the bed is one morning. It was pretty cool out that morning but that was the only place we had moisture and was a lot of it from top to bottom of both exposed walls. I'd forgotten about that until I read this thread. If we had the furnace on, I would have had the vent in the bedroom as well as the front vent open slightly. There was enough running down the walls to make the carpet covering the base of the bed under the mattress damp. I don't remember if we took showers in the MH that night or what I fixed for supper that might have caused a lot of humidity.

philstat

I would be sure to leave a roof vent open while you are using the coach. People, the furnace and stove create a lot of moisture and it needs a way to escape.

Strange, after living in the North all these years, I was under the impression that a forced warm air furnace dries the air out. That is why we all put Humidifiers on our furnaces.