confused

firsttimer

There is so much info out there and so many types of TT that I am having a hard time deciding what to do, so I wanted to bring my situation to the experts. I want to move my family out of our small apartment and hit the road, alternating two weeks where I work and two weeks at an RV destination USA. I have a dodge ram 5.9L V8 360. It can run two wheel drive or 4x4. My wife likes the fifth wheel cause of its taller cielings, but I have a million questions. So here goes and I appreciate any and all help, opinions ect.

What is better to pull/live in, BP or Fifth Wheel?
Is there a brand that is the best/worst?
Is there a better time of year to buy a TT?
What is the best way to finance?
(The bank will go 10,000 for 5 years)
Should i buy new or used?
Is it feasible to try for a quality TT for 10K dollars?
Can yall think of anything I am missing????????????????

rjf7g

Re: confused

Firsttimer-
Welcome to the forum. There are lots of folks here who can give you insight on how to clear up your confusion. You might also want to do some searches to see what has been discussed in the past.

C Nash

What is better to pull/live in, BP or Fifth Wheel?
5th wheel IMO for towing but some like the flat floor plan on TT. 5th whell will generally have more storage

Is there a brand that is the best/worst?
Do a search on different brands. All brands require upkeep.

Is there a better time of year to buy a TT?
Generally along about the end of camping season. JMO

What is the best way to finance?
Pay as much as possible down or you will be upside down in a couple years. Do a search on finace co. Bank of the west, Good sam etc.

(The bank will go 10,000 for 5 years)

Should i buy new or used?
I like to buy used that has been taken care off but only a year or 2 old.

Is it feasible to try for a quality TT for 10K dollars?
Be hard to find a quality unit for 10k IMO What size are you looking for. You might fina an older Airstream for this price.

Can yall think of anything I am missing????????
What size unit will you plan to pull with your present tow vehicle?
What type camping will you be doing?
Will you need a generator.
How many in the family?

Kirk

How much experience with an RV do you have? Have you read any books about full-time RV living? I suggest that you start with some books such as "Full-time RVing" written by Jan & Bill Moeller, or "Home ie Where You Park It." Next, to learn about RVs quickly and to see what is out there in both quality and junk, spend the money to join the RV Consumer Group. www.rv.org

Next, learn about weights and weight ratings. It is critical that you match the weight of the trailer to the towing capacity weight ratings or the truck. To fail to do this is to risk the safety of your entire family. This should get you started. There is a great deal to learn before you begin to shop.

RvRover

RE: confused

All I can tell you is it is going to be hard to find a RV you would want to live in for two weeks at a time for under ten thousand dollars. Better to stay in your little apartment. Plus your children need stability for their school year.