Continued service plans

LEN

Just got the bill for mine(yearly) and was wondering what some of you pay for yours. I won't get into who its with just kinda what the plan covers.
You can see below what I drive.
The plan covers most everything except wear out items, belts. hoses', brake pads and drums or rotors.
It covers motor, trans, air conditioners, furnace, fridge, hotwater heater, and on.
The cost is $1400 with $500 deductible.

LEN

C Nash

Re: Continued service plans

Thats about the same price quote I got from GS for our 2002 HR Vacationer gasser Len.

C Nash

Archer the quote on mine was for 1 year, I think. I was not interested so didn't pay that much attention and was assuming it was for 1 year.

LEN

Correct, one year. Ya it's a chunk of $$$, but one problem and it could save me but.
I'm the kind of guy that at 1 to 1 odds on something good and I can still lose, but 1 in a 1,000,000
for something bad and I get it.
If some have a better value please post.

LEN

ARCHER

Well, I had a 89 Winn Class A for 6 years and had the following costs in repairs.
6 tires, approx 2,000 bucks, not covered in your plan
furnace repair work, 300 bucks, would have been covered in your plan, 500 deductible, equal zero coverage
fridge replacement, 1,300 bucks, would have been covered in your plan, 500 deductible, equal 800 coverage
window replacement, front windshield, 300 bucks, would have been covered in your plan, 500 deductible, equal zero coverge
hot water tank board replacement, 125 bucks, would have been covered in your plan, 500 deductible, equal zero coverage

so if my numbers are correct, plan cost would have been,

1,400 X 6 years = $8,400
Coverage = $800.00
Deductible = $2,000.00

so, I would have spent $10,400.00 and received $800.00 in coverage. of course I could have had an engine go bad, or a transmission go bad or ????? And that is on a vehicle that was pretty old. I sure would not expect an engine or transmission to go out in 6 years of a newer vehicle. Maybe a fridge or hot water tank, perhaps
I think I could have spent the extra money on gas and came out a lot better.
I know my numbers are not perfect, but go figure...... ;)

jetboat

RE: Continued service plans

we had a 7 year plan on our trailer,however, when we tryed to use it on a slide out problem,it was not covered. looked a little closer what ti covered,turned out they covered almost nothing.got my money back.and will never get a extended warranty again. bunch of !!it.

DL Rupper

I think extended warranties are pretty much a waste of money on a 5th wheel or TT. The Motorhome may be different. It seems that Motorhomes have many more problems than do Trailers. The engine, drive train, levelers, big front windows and chassis can be problems.

jetboat

RE: Continued service plans

your correct, most big ticket items in rv's have a warranty.we have some extended warrantys on some items,and they seam to have better coverage and cheeper than than the trailer plan. and at best, there sorta a rip of.