couch bed comfortable?- NOT!

ram1z

I have a 97 rexhall that has a couch that folds to a bed . This thing has the flimsy pad, I added a foam pad and it still is worthless. Short of buying a sleep comfort mattress for $1k+ - any suggestions?

DL Rupper

Re: couch bed comfortable?- NOT!

No, we added a foam pad to ours, but are real glad WE aren't the ones that have to use it. :laugh:

rjf7g

We use down mattress toppers on all of our mattresses.

H2H1

Hi Rick, I have a 03 South wind with a sleep sofa and it not that great to sleep on, at first, but I put a 2 inch foam pad and now it a lot better except for the head seems to be lower than my feet. I will fix that later this year.

H2H1

hey Ken I bought an air mattress for the sofa bed as well. But didn't notice until I went to use it that it was a double in stead of a single. so I never used it and just folded up and put away.Now I need a single thickness air bed and will more than likely get one before we head out this spring.

*scooter*

Rick, we have an air mattress that has replaced the original mattress at the couch. From those who have used it say it is really comfortable. A little caution was used when installed though...around the frame work on the couch, a piece of heavy fabric (nagahide ?) is in place to protect the air mattress from any pinch points when folded up. It's a single mattress :eek: To inflate, just push the button and in just about a minute its ready. :) :)