Couple problems after the first long trip

LEN

Good news is the trans, motor and the rest is in great shape and all works. The problems are, The front air conditioner(doesn't cool the way it should although the heat pump works), and both slides, one the front has a broken roller so it sags and the rear just seems slow and kind-of binding going out but comes in fine. So the coach go's in next week for a checkup. Also been doing a bit of reglueing of some of the cabinet doors. Seems as though the glue is just not working anymore, fairly easy fix just pull apart a bit reglue and use a clamp.
Well next camping will be with my son and his 5er, should be fun, sabre tooth sage rat hunting for a week. I can check out his new rig.

LEN

rjf7g

Re: Couple problems after the first long trip

Len-
Have you recharged your AC? That did the trick in my Tioga!

LEN

This is the roof air and I don't know didley about it. The cab air works good. Have heard that dirty coils could be the problem but with my luck it will need replacing and if so I'll get the easy start with the quick cool gate at the outlet that goes straight down and bypass's the ducting in the roof.

LEN

rjf7g

Gotcha. Have you made sure the filter is clean? It's amazing the difference that can make!

LEN

Yup filter is clean. Just doesn't get cold, just kinda cool. The rear will freeze you out. Maybe it will be the coils on top, we will find out next week. Oh I did see on line somewhere that the heatpump-ac's sometimes can be fixed by turning on the heatpump, let it work for a while then back to air, but that didn't work.

LEN

C Nash

Len, if it's a true heat pump and not heat strips the freon is ok if it will heat.IMO could be a valve or relay that is not letting it reverse the freon flow or maybe in the thermostat control.

LEN

Well we take it up tomorrow afternoon and let the pro's do the job. Most the whole works should cost is $500 thats the deductable I have. It's funny they let me lump all the things wrong into one unit. Well we will see.

LEN