Cruise Control Inop

rhc

I have a 2001 Monaco Ex with an Allison HD4000MH transmission and a Cummins 500ISM engine.

I'm having a problem finding anyone in the Santa Rosa, CA. area that will troubleshoot the Cruise Control which will engage, but drops out shortly thereafter. This started out to be an infrequent and intermittent occurrence, but now will not hold cruise any length of time. I’m not sure if this is transmission or an engine related problem, or if it might be something as simple as a loose wire or insecure wire connection.

I will be heading north of here next week towards Northern California and Oregon via Interstate 5, and would appreciate any suggestions on how and where to get this fixed. Monaco referred me to several Truck shops, but none of them want to touch it.

rhc

hertig

Cruise Control Inop

Don't have a clue how its done in the Monaco, but in my Chevy pickup, there was a box with one of those nylon gears which over time lost more and more teeth, leading to dropping out of CC more and more often until it wouldn't engage at all. Replaced the box at the dealership, and worked fine from then on.

rhc

Cruise Control Inop

I have, but I'm trying to avoid "Camp Monaco" if at all possible. They do great work, but I'm hoping this doesn't require another trip up there.

BobW

Cruise Control Inop

Do you know what kind of controller you have. I'm not sure if King was used in the 2002 Monaco's. Check it out and let us know.