Damon V-10 front brakes

4116sst

Hello all, tomorrow, I plan on tackling a front brake job on my 2001 Damon Intruder 350, V-10 Ford Chassis. I plan on heading to local Napa / Autozone, etc.. for shoes and turning of rotors. My question is, (I dont have an owners manual since I bought it used), what chassis specs or info will be needed to lookup or cross reference the brake shoes?

G

RE: Damon V-10 front brakes

most napa stores can cross refrence the chasis by the vin code ,, but take the old pads or shoes wit u to match them up ,, and also get new seals for the rotors ,, ,, ;) :approve:

LEN

Re: Damon V-10 front brakes

Might even throw a set of bearings in also as you have the dirty part all cleaned up. Why is it ford always seems to have several different brakes on the same year. I know when I was doing the backyard thing I always took the removed set of whatever in to compare.

LEN

Kirk

Re: Damon V-10 front brakes

I do believe that you have disc brakes and so need pads, rather than shoes. If you take the VIN it should supply all of the information needed for them to get the proper parts. I am wondering how many miles you have to need pads now? On my 99, F-53 I did have a caliper problem but have not needed pads.

Good luck! Let us know how the project goes.