Dash fan not working

barluis

I have a 1997 Holiday Rambler, Vacationer. With a 460 Ford Chassis. The dash AC and fan have worked on and off since it was new. For some time I had the fan working properly until I stored it. Now it quit. I took the TV out and traced all the wires looking for a mice-chewed wire or loose connection. So far, no luck. There is no schematic that I can follow. Fuses and wires seem to be working and so is the fan, manually and directly wired to check it. May be some one had this problem and has the answer.

G

RE: Dash fan not working

what happend when u wired the fan direct???
There is also a blower resitor in the line ,,, it controls the low ,, medium ,, but high is direct ,,, just like wiring it direct ,, let me know back what u find ;) :approve: :) :)

barluis

Your are correct. It is possible to make the fan work at different speeds and that's why I have traced all the wires I can think of. In my case it went into high speed.

G

is this the only speed u have??? if so i would tend to think that the resitor is shot ,, but then agian could be a switch prob ,, also ,, but usally not ..

barluis

When I wired it directly, yes. However, before I stored it all the speeds worked. I am going to wait until I have it back in storage for about a month and will tear that section again. I think it is possible that the aftermarket controller installed by Holiday Rambler is probably defective. It has never worked correctly. During the first year of warranty many technicians worked on it. I simply rewired some of their mistakes.

The solution will be, I think, tearing the whole dash and rewire the entire system. I won't tackle that until is cool enough. Here in Texas, it is not comfortable to do that kind of work on 100 degree weather.

Kirk

Re: Dash fan not working

Do you have a meter to check for voltage and to trace the circuit? That is what I would do.

barluis

Re: Dash fan not working

Yes, I do have a meter and it is exactly what I am going to do as soon as it cools enough