de-lamination of outer skin

rsssc

I own a 98 Monaco that the outer skin has separated from the other layers due to water leaking. How can it be repared and who can do it? The rear 15 ft on each side and front 5 feet on the drivers side are pulling apart and are puckered {bowing out}. We named this new to us RV "ISSUES" It is the best driving rv I have ever been in and we love the Coach bit it needs fixing. Thank You!!!!

Grandview Trailer Sa

Re: de-lamination of outer skin

35 FEET need to be repaired!!! Hate to tell you, that won't be cheap. We have and can repair it, but you are talking major body work.

Kirk

Ken,

I sure would be interested to hear how you repair that kind of damage? I know of an amateur approach that sometimes works, at least for a while but would like to hear what you guys do.

C Nash

WOW, makes me want to cry just hearing a problem like this. Think I would just drive it as long as the sides stay on. Like Ken said that will be MAJOR repair. Find and repair all the leaks first or it may have just been a Mfg problem with the glue. There are some repairs I have heard of where small areas have been fixed. Good luck and keep us posted

TexasClodhopper

Ah heck, trade secrets ought to be kept secret or they're not secrets. Right? There's too much competition reading the stuff we post. Hanging on every word ...

Grandview Trailer Sa

Kirk,
Anyone who can fix Corvettes can do it. I am lucky enough to have a guy working for me that grew up in a body shop. We have fixed a lot of fiberglass. The big "secret" is making the fix invisible when you repaint.

rsssc

Please tell me how you would fix the separation of outer skin. I have owned the rv for 5 weeks, my Dealer is on vacation until next week, I have schedualed a COME TO JESUS visit with him on his return. To finish the story my RV is sitting in my yard and the trans will not shift into any gear. Thanks for your reply, RB

Grandview Trailer Sa

I honestly can't tell you how to fix your fiberglass without the chance to look at it. There is a HUGE difference between fixing a small area and a wall replacement. I am not saying it can't be fixed, but it IS gonna be expensive.
If you have only owned this 5 weeks, you need to take it back to the dealer and hopefully he will trade you into another MH. Quite honestly, this problem was there when you bought it, somthing like this does not happen in 5 weeks.