Destination - Alaska

akjimny

Tried to post up my itinerary for the trip to Alaska but system wouldn't accept my Word format. Oh Well!!

H2H1

Jimmy make a document and attach it sa and attachment. I think that may work. Just like sending a picture.

akjimny

Hollis - I did manage, after three tries, to copy and paste my itinerary document from Word to the thread box, but none of the formatting came with the document, so it just looked like garbage. Basically it works out to 15 days on the road with stops in Eglin AFB, FL, Tupelo, MS, Cape Girardeau, MO, Lennox, SD, Jamestown, ND, Weyburn SK, Battleford, SK, Whitecourt, AB, Ft. St. John, BC, Ft. Nelson, BC, Watson Lake, YT, Haines Junction, YT, Tok, AK and finally Anchorage. Average 330 miles per day or so.

I called the campground in Weyburn this afternoon and may end up parked by the side of the road, since they don't plan to open until late May. I'll have to check with the other campgrounds up North tomorrrow to see if they will be open. I never have figured out why they open up so late in the Spring. The roads are clear and people are out with their rv's, so why not open the campground and make some money?

Will post up more as I find things out.

H2H1

Jim when are you heading back to Ak. and I guess you be will there for a long time since your house is on the market , right? If that is the case you will be missed at the next M&G to be held here in Ga. Let us know how things are going and keep on posting.

akjimny

Plan on pulling out of Sebring on May 1st. Probably won't make the next M&G unless the lottery ticket comes thru. It was good to meet everyone at the last one - I only wish Ken from GTS could have made it. Anyone coming to Alaska - I'll have a pot of coffee on and will be glad to see you.:):)

C Nash

Jim I sure would like to share a cup of coffee in Alaska but probably will never get to go back again.

akjimny

Thanks Len, but if everything goes according to plan, May 15th I should be in Haines Junction.......Lord willing and the crick don't rise.:):) So it looks like a couple of nights of roadside camping while in Canada.

H2H1

well Jim we are so glad we did get to meet you and the "boss lady". And I will hold to you to the cup of coffee if we get up that way. But the way gas is going, we may not be able to get out of the drive way.Be safe on the trip and take care of the boss.

akjimny

Well - looks like our first two nights in Canada will be spent in Wal-Mart parking lots running the generator. No open campgrounds until we get to Whitecourt. Guess I get to keep the money I would have spent for an electrical hookup in a campground. Oh well, that's why I have a generator.:):)

C Nash

Well Jim, when we went to Alaska our overnight stays in walmart parking lot generally cost more than camping in cgs. LOL Hated to park there and not go in and shop!!!

H2H1

Well Nash I would think that would be my problem. I do like shopping at WM. the reason is I try to find things that are made in the USA, and believe me it is hard and getting harder.

C Nash

Hollis if you remember when walmart first started it advertized only made in America sold here and was mostly true as long as old man Sam Walton was alive.

love66

Thanks Len, but if everything goes according to plan, May 15th I should be in Haines Junction
small.gif

C Nash

Well Karla if you have the "cheapest personal loans" you should be able to go. I know you are not guilty of trying to get "free" advertisement:confused:

H2H1

I could not have said it any better Nash,,, " cheapest personal loans",, what her problem?

C Nash

See no information on her profile page Hollis. Maybe she is legit. I don't know. As Steve asked her on another post what kind of rv do you have Karla? If you don't have one I know where you may be able to get a "personel loan" LOL

akjimny

Just a quick update. Removed the shower door today. The shower was the only place I could figure to put the cat's food and water bowls so when they slosh and spill, it won't make a mess all over the place. And, of course, those lazy cats won't open the shower door on their own, so now it's wrapped in padding and stored in the trailer. Since we don't use the shower for anything more than an extra closet and fishing gear storage, I may not put it back on when we get back to Alaska. 37 more days and it's up the highway we go (Lord willing and the rivers don't flood).:):)