dewinterizing

jis

hi, just a quick question. when flushing the anitfreeze is it ok to do that in your yard or do you have to do it at a dump station? thanks for any help

elkhartjim

Re: dewinterizing

I would think if its safe enough for your water system it would be safe enough for grass and/or plants.

vanole

I'm with elkhartjim. Perfectly okay to dump RV antifreeze on the driveway or grass. Will not do any harm.

V/R
Jeff

jack g

RE: dewinterizing

If you decide to dump your anti freeze around you home, please make sure it is where no animals (dogs) can get to it. It will kill the animals.

H2H1

hey jack g the pink antifreeze is safe to put on the ground as it also safe for human to drink, but don't suggest anyone to do it. A lot of RVers will put it in the fresh holding tank and they will never get it all out. So as you can see, it in some tanks and water line and the only way to get it out is the flush your tank and water lines several times. I never put in my holding tanks :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

jack g

Sorry, I see the word anti-freeze, and get nervous for animals. Thank you for teaching me.