Diesel Smell

DRD

I mentioned in an early note we are considering a diesel pusher. My wife is very concerned that we could get a diesel order in the bedroom since the engine is under the bed. We are looking at a coachmen santana with frtlnr chassis. Any feed back on heat or smell in the rear of the coach. Thanks :question:

C Nash

Re: Diesel Smell

As long as the seals are ok you should get no smell. Some do complain about the heat after a long drive but again with proper insulation should be no problem IMO but good questions and I am sure some of the diesel pusher owners will jump in on this

DL Rupper

Just make sure it has a Cummins Engine. "Cummins diesel smoke do smell better". :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

G

How did i know DL would get in on this one??? .. bty my pusher does get some heat on the under side of the bed ,, but not enough to worry about ,, i smell the diesel ,, but's on the outside ,, i have made many mods to mine,, and it blows really black smoke when i'm pulling a hill ,, but other than that ,, no diesel smell at all ,,, and BTY it's a cummins ,, but the black smoke don't smell anything like DL"s does :laugh: :laugh: :clown:

benwd

You won't get any smell unless there is something wrong. We never get diesel smell anywhere, anytime unless we're standing behind it.