Digital TV Conversion

JimE

Just curious, has anyone installed a converter box in their RV in preperation for the analog to digital conversion on June 12th? Did you have any problems or did everything work ok? I purchased a box but I am going to wait until 6/12 to see what happens first.

Grandview Trailer Sa

Re: Digital TV Conversion

Jim,
I have digital TV's, but a friend who camped with us last weekend has a converter box in his 5th wheel. He did just fine. His only compaint was he now has an extra remote to keep up with.

rjf7g

I have three converter boxes (1 at home and 1 in each camper) and have not had any issues with them. I use my "old" roof top antenna in my trailer, and set top antennas on the other two.

C Nash

I needed a dvd anyway in the MH so we got the dvd player with the tuner and it works fine other than having problem with sound. Have to use surround system for volum, Have added the little extra antenna to roof top antenna but don't know if it has helped yet.

Grandview Trailer Sa

Nash,
That add on antenna does work. I have added to mine and did it to 3 more this last weekend. Helped everyone. The worst one was the guy using the converter box...He only picked up 2 more channels. We were in a terrible area.

C Nash

Ken
I figured it would'nt hurt and didn't cost that much so worth trying. Very easy installed. Worse problem was getting these old bones up the ladder. Looks like my rving days may be a lot closer to the end than the begining. :(

C Nash

Brain tells me go and body seems to be saying the brain don't know what it's thinking. :laugh: That's all I need now is for my body to start argueing with my brain :eek: :laugh: Not ready to toss in the towel yet Ken :)

brodavid

Nash, it is called conversion disorder, your brain tells your body what to do and your body tells your brain,>WHAT DID YOU SAY