Disappearing Posts

Discussion in 'Suggestions/Comments' started by akjimny, Jan 26, 2012.

1. akjimny

akjimny Senior Member

At least twice now I have posted replies that have disappeared off into the netherlands. When I hit the "Post Reply" buton, the system takes me back to the Log On screen as if I haven't logged on. And when I go to check on the reply, it has disappeared. What am I doing wrong?
  2. akjimny

akjimny Senior Member

Well, it happpend again. I logged in and wrote a 2 paragraph reply to a poster's question. When I hit the button to "Post Quick Reply" I got an error message that told me I was not allowed to perform this action. I was told to refresh the screen and log in - AFTER I HAD ALREADY BEEN LOGGED IN!! When I refreshed and logged back in, the post I had written had disappeared.

Am I doing something wrong? Why am I being kicked out of the system after logging in? It is very discouraging, especially after having written a long reply, to find my work has been for nought.
  3. krsmitty

krsmitty Senior Member

Knock on wood...no problems here.
  4. Triple E

Triple E Senior Member

You have to be logged in to post a reply. This is strange. Has not happen to me yet but I am sure it will. Maybe I should start to copy my reply before clicking on the Post Quick Reply then I can do a paste if I lose it. :concern:
  5. akjimny

akjimny Senior Member

That's what gets me. You have to be logged in to even have the "Quick Reply" box up to use. I type in my reply, hit the "Post Quick Reply" button, and am told I have to log in to be able to post - when I was already logged in in the first place or I wouldn't have been able to type anything in the "Quick Reply" box. Royal PITA!!!
  6. H2H1

H2H1 Senior Member

Jimmy follow that up with Cindy, and she if she can help you out.
  7. akjimny

akjimny Senior Member

Hollis - I thought she would see it here - that's why I posted it in this section. Maybe I'll try a PM.
  8. H2H1

H2H1 Senior Member

best to give her a PM and alert her about it