dish network in rv

buftflair

This may be asking the same question again, but please bear with me. I have recently purchased another rv that has a Tracvision S2 dish on it. I have DishNetwork in my home (two receivers), now the question, can I remove one of my receivers from my home and use it in the rv? If so, is there anything "special" that I have to do? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Steve

Kirk

Re: dish network in rv

I don't know anything about the dish that you have, but if it will do receive from the Dish Net satellites, there is no reason that you can't then just ake one of your receivers from the house with you. It is done quite commonly. You will need to review the install section of the menu but the signal strength is there and so is the azimuth and elevation indication by zip code.

jetboat

RE: dish network in rv

had dish for a couple years in our home, and just took the box with us. the only problem with dish is it has two L& B head,it was always hard to dile in 110/119. cahnge to direct, and also take it from the house,takes only a couple min. to get a picture.its common to use the home unit,but if you leave it disconnected over a couple weeks,the program goes dead.and sometimes you have to call them,no big deal.

Kirk

Re: dish network in rv

I really don't know of any reason that Dish should be difficult to locate? Been doing it now for six years and even though several Direct customers have told me how hard Dish is, most of us who use it can't figure out why. You do have to set skew as well as elevation and azimuth, while Direct only has Elevation & azimuth but that takes about two or three extra minutes. It just isn't a big deal.

Darwin

RE: dish network in rv

I use Dishnetwork and a King Dome dish. King Dome recommends using the model 322 receiver. With King Dome when you move the receiver from home to RV you must run test switch to reset the switch setting. When you move the receiver back to the house the same proceedure is required. this is a one time proceedure each time you move the receiver. It works well as long as you have and open view of the SW sky. I carry a tripod and dish in a storage compartment which is usually easy to set up.