Do I have to be concern about..........

parigi

Hi:
I travel pulling a 5th W and I'd like to know,while I'm stopping to rest or lunch
can I use the microwave for a shot while without being concern of the juice it
may take from the battery?As always many thanks.....parigi. :cool:

rjf7g

Re: Do I have to be concern about..........

You'll probably have to run the generator to run the microwave...microwaves require 110 V, not 12 V as supplied by your battery. IF you have a robust enough inverter and a large enough battery bank you MAY be able to do something with your microwave.

G

As posted , if u have a genset on the 5er ,, yes use it ,, if u have an inverter it should do a short shot on u'r micro wave ,, but that depends on the wattage of the micro and the amount of usable batt power u have ,,, they may be old and not be up to full power ,, or u may have a shorted cell in one and would never know it....
Here is what i would do ,,,, when u get settled in at u'r camp sight ,, with shore power ,,, don't plug into shore ,,, and try to run the micro off the inverter ,, and see how it works ,,, if it kills the batts then plug into shore power to charge the batts and then get the batts tested,,,
Jmo ,, but i have seen this work :eek: :)

hertig

I have an inverter in my coach, and it will run the microwave. BUT, it is not a 'true sine wave' inverter, and the one time I tried it the microwave made funny noises, and didn't work right until I removed all power and let it 'reset'.