Do you really use the toilet and shower for weekend camping?

crusader

Re: Do you really use the toilet and shower for weekend camping?

we have a 25' tt use it to dry camp most to the time..USE IT IF YOU HAVE IT,,I was talking to my ole neighbor this eve...he still camps, we talked about the 30's when he would get up to milk the cows, and do all of the other things ,, ride the bundle wagon out the wheat fields, work all day,, ride the bundle wagon home milk the cows,,do the rest of the stuff maybe take a dip in the horse tank,,, eat and go to sleep,,, some where,,, he said he liked to sleep on the cellar door...an out house in the camper is pretty nice...

Kirk

Re: Do you really use the toilet and shower for weekend camping?

Most who come to RV travel from a tent feel the same as Polarbearla does. When we got our first RV we chose a pop-up that had no potty and saw no reason to add one. It is usually the ladies and the daughters who first think that a potty is important, but as we get older the finer things in life do take on more importance.

Before you do away with the "comfort station" let me suggest that you first make sure just how your wife feels about it.

WandaLust

RE: Do you really use the toilet and shower for weekend camping?

polarbearla - 6/30/2009 10:43 AM We are in the look out for a trailer and we will mostly just be doing long weekend type camping. 4 days/3 nights. Once a year or every two years we may head to Yosemite or someplace for a bit longer...maybe. So I am thinking a toilet and shower is not that essential and I would rather have storage. We do have kids though. We are tent campers now and I make reservations far enough in advance I normally don't have a problem getting a site close to the bathrooms and showers.

The first camping I did in the 1970s was in a tent in summer and a converted van in winter and summer both. The van had no toilet or shower. NEVER AGAIN!!!! As others said, getting out of a warm bed or sleeping bag in the middle of the night to stumble to a Rest Room was the utter pits, especially on chilly nights. There are wild animals wandering around in some campgrounds after dark. Also, with all the nuts we have running around these days, you don't know who can be in that toilet in the middle of the night. :( Slim chance, but why take it? Besides the convenience of having an onboard bathroom, there's the health aspects. I for one don't like to use public rest rooms and showers. Think athletes feet and crabs. I wouldn't even consider a camper of any kind without a bathroom.