Dodge Trucks Oboy!

DL Rupper

I'm back. Got my new rubber roof and had a great trip to Texas. RV is in San Antonio waiting for our return from a Christmas trip to OHIO. Passed a few stalled Fords and Chevs along the way. The Dodge Cummins is running strong after 2 1/2 years, 53K miles. Had to replace one brake light in all this time. Gee I guess I'd better look for a new truck. Will be here for 10 days with internet access, so be ready. MERRY CHRISTMAS.

Grandview Trailer Sa

Dodge Trucks Oboy!

Hey there, welcome back, if only for 10 days. Can hardly believe you saw Chevys on the side of the road unless they were helping the Fords. :laugh: Had a customer yesterday with a 05 Ford and he was talking about his "water in fuel" light.........

Really like the look of the 06 Dodges. When they put the mega cab with a long bed, I might have to get interested. The Dodge engineer I spoke to at the Louisville show said that was not happening any time soon. :(

Talk to you soon

PS,
I put my inventory on here while you were gone. On the home page, click new RV dealers then click on Virginia. You will find us there.

DL Rupper

Dodge Trucks Oboy!

Hey GrandviewTrailerSales, I have to confess up, I didn't really see any Chev trucks along the road. Actually I did see a couple of older Dodge trucks broke down and my RV neighbor in San Antonio said he blew a turbo on his Ford PowerStroke on they way down from Kansas. I'll check your inventory out first chance I get. Hope you and your family have a Merry Christmas. :)
Krazeehorse, you are right on with Dayton, OH or as my kids call it, Mystic Valley. It is cold here. Not too much Mystic about it. Glad I could get out where it is warmer for most of the winter. Have a Merry Christmas. :cool: .
To all you unlucky souls that have Ford and Chev pickups, MERRY CHRISTMAS AND/OR HAPPY HOLIDAYS. Maybe Santa will bring you a Dodge CTD for Christmas if you are good. :laugh: .

Krazeehorse

Dodge Trucks Oboy!

Now watch it DL. My Super Duty and Boss snowplow may head to Dayton and play a game of hide the Dodge! :laugh:

Grandview Trailer Sa

Dodge Trucks Oboy!

DL, my inventory is low thanks to FEMA and the time of year. We have about 15 on order, but won't see them till Feb. or Mar. We travel through Dayton going to Indiana. Maybe someday we can meet and we can compare trucks. :)

You too, have a Merry Christmas.

Shadow

Dodge Trucks Oboy!

Merry Christmas DL. Been real good all year, can't wait to check my stocking Christmas morning! Hope krazeehorse didn't bury that dodge to deep and you have to wait for spring to get back to Texas. :eek: GTS,I went and checked on the mega cab also. When I asked to see a long bed the salesman wasnt sure when he would get one. Did the engineer say when or if they would build one?

DL Rupper

Dodge Trucks Oboy!

Merry Christmas Shadow. I think the imperative word is IF. Sure would be "long". I'm hoping it won't snow. Wouldn't want a Super Duty to bury my Dodge. Might be embarrassing. Happy New Year!

Grandview Trailer Sa

Dodge Trucks Oboy!

Shadow,
The engineer told me that the mega cab short bed truck is sitting on the same frame as the extended cab long bed. He said that they invested so much money in the mega cab they were going to have to sell some before they redesigned again. He quoted figures, but I can't remember. He told me they took the truck to a convention of horse lovers and that was their comment. They can't pull a lot of horse trailers with a short bed, because there is no way to slide a gooseneck ball.

Sorry to say this DL, Dodge knows what they have to do, but according to the guy I talked to, have no plans right now to build a mega cab long bed. Plans can change, who knows.

captdick

Dodge Trucks Oboy!

Any of you Dodge drivers out there have any ideas on wet passenger side floor boards?

This has happened twice now, once on a 1995 3/4 ton and once on a 2000 1/2 ton. Water leaks in and accumulates when the trucks have been siting in the rain. I searched for problems with the weather-stripping but nothing obvious. Had a helper with a hose outside while laying on the floor inside. Nothing.

Just the passenger side... weird.

The local service department wasn't much help.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

By the way, I belong to a professional organizations forum with about 700 subscribers. This forum outperforms that one by a country mile.

Thumper

Dodge Trucks Oboy!

Hello all, I have one thought on the water puddle. When I bought my Chev Astro van a few years ago the windshild was replaced. Well shortly after I noticed water on the passenger side. As it turns out the windshild was installed wrong. I pushed on it lightly and the seal broke and I could move it out about 3 inchs. Thank god the window wasn't broken and I found this before it fell out on the highway. So Check to make sure ya dont have any leaks around the seals. I didnt notice any leaks in mine it was all under the trim on the inside. Look closly. Just a thought.

captdick

Dodge Trucks Oboy!

Grandview, the Jayco had too many problems, what we call in the marine industry "soft wood" a.k.a. Rotten wood. Thanks for your earlier input.

Krazee, considering the age of my friends that ride with me... yes, incontinence is a possibility. Will consider stocking some Depends in the glove box.

Thumper, tried that first, but thanks anyway.

captdick

Dodge Trucks Oboy!

Good idea, but it seems to happen in the rain only, and even when the truck is parked. I don't think I'd get too much condensation, if any, in the winter in Seattle if the A.C. is not being used.

C Nash

Dodge Trucks Oboy!

close all windowa, doors and you might have to tape outlets for the flow through venelation system. Turn on the heater high blow on outside air then spray suspect areas with soap water and watch for bubbles.

LDS 3500

Dodge Trucks Oboy!

I had the same problem with my 98 it was where the ac evaporator box is mounted on the fire wall. there is an opening that is in the fire wall below the actual unit i found that the water coming from the ac evaporator was running back on the bottom of the plastic unit that goes thru the fire wall and leaking into the passenger floorboard only. I sealed up the area around the opening with black sylicone sealant problem solved. You will have to pull back the carpet to see the area i'm speaking of i did all the things that have been sugested but not until i sprayed the hose at the fire wall did i get results. I also installed a drain hose on the ac box to drain the water away at a lower area.