Does it cost as much as everybody says

keithb

RE: Does it cost as much as everybody says

I think it could be done if you don't have an RV payment or an campsite payment. Get a gig as a campsite host. :cool:

Steve H

RE: Does it cost as much as everybody says

wanting - 4/18/2011 6:02 PM Could someone tell me if you can live full time in a r v on 700.00 a month?

JMHO but it would be very difficult. Most private parks charge $400 - $600 average for a month plus electricity. State parks are cheaper but usually have a limit on how many days you can stay. I guess you could dry camp somewhere and maybe keep costs down while sacrificing some convenience.

Anyway, I wish you the best!

LEN

Re: Does it cost as much as everybody says

For the very fugal it could be done but you would need to be willing to skip any type of xtras. $180 permint for BLM longterm with water and sewer dump sight for 5 months. and move 1200-1500 miles to the next sight. At 10mpg thats $600. Like others said work camping would give some comforts for labor.

LEN

Kirk

It would be extremely difficult to do. It might be possible if you spend your nights in parking lots and truck stops, but you could have a problem when you need to empty tanks. You will be surviving and little more. You won't be able to buy any kind of health insurance on that budget and you will probably need to carry only the minimum in any other kind of insurance as well. Travel will be very limited with fuel prices where they are today. We will travel from Texas to the Pacific Northwest this summer and we are budgeting $1500 just for the fuel to get there.

If you find work along the road to supplement this and live very carefully, it might be possible. If you have only that $700 and do not earn any supplemental income, very few people could even survive on it and if you manage it will not be fun.

brodavid

it would be hard do it nowadays, I agree with the rest, you would have to live frugal and cheap