Driver license requirements for RVs

Discussion in 'Beginning RVing' started by jack g, Sep 4, 2009.

1. jack g

jack g New Member

2. PattiRon

PattiRon New Member

Re: Driver license requirements for RVs

Terrific research. Thanks.

3. Gallopinggopher

Gallopinggopher New Member

If you own it and it's an RV and not for hire, you can pretty much drive it with any license except a learner's permit. Canada requires you (rv's) to cross scales to check weight. I've piloted both a 70' semi and a 37' + dinghy from one corner to the other in the lower 48 and top to bottom in Alaska. I have never been checked for a license requirement anywhere. My wife chauffeurs both rigs along inter-state highways and never has been checked for a license requirement.

As I stated above, If you own it and it's non-commercial (hauling your own goods/material) or a RV, you can legally drive it, and if you do have a class D, that's even better.

4. Triple E

Triple E Senior Member

Is crossing a scale to check motor home weight standard across Canada? I drive B.C all the time and have never stopped at a chicken coupe. This is the first time that I have every heard of this. Thanks for the heads up. :approve:

:8ball:

5. yash

yash New Member

RE: Driver license requirements for RVs

I visited that website and I got some useful information for rv driver's license requirements. Thanks for that nice guideline in canada.

6. TexasClodhopper

TexasClodhopper Senior Member

Oh boy ...