Driver license requirements for RVs

Gallopinggopher

Re: Driver license requirements for RVs

If you own it and it's an RV and not for hire, you can pretty much drive it with any license except a learner's permit. Canada requires you (rv's) to cross scales to check weight. I've piloted both a 70' semi and a 37' + dinghy from one corner to the other in the lower 48 and top to bottom in Alaska. I have never been checked for a license requirement anywhere. My wife chauffeurs both rigs along inter-state highways and never has been checked for a license requirement.

As I stated above, If you own it and it's non-commercial (hauling your own goods/material) or a RV, you can legally drive it, and if you do have a class D, that's even better.

Triple E

Re: Driver license requirements for RVs

Gallopinggopher - 11/22/2009 7:21 PM

If you own it and it's an RV and not for hire, you can pretty much drive it with any license except a learner's permit. Canada requires you (rv's) to cross scales to check weight. I've piloted both a 70' semi and a 37' + dinghy from one corner to the other in the lower 48 and top to bottom in Alaska. I have never been checked for a license requirement anywhere. My wife chauffeurs both rigs along inter-state highways and never has been checked for a license requirement.

As I stated above, If you own it and it's non-commercial (hauling your own goods/material) or a RV, you can legally drive it, and if you do have a class D, that's even better.

Is crossing a scale to check motor home weight standard across Canada? I drive B.C all the time and have never stopped at a chicken coupe. This is the first time that I have every heard of this. Thanks for the heads up. :approve:

:8ball:

yash

RE: Driver license requirements for RVs

I visited that website and I got some useful information for rv driver's license requirements. Thanks for that nice guideline in canada.