Driving lessons

Kathie K

Are there any classes to learn how to drive a large motor home. We bought a used 31 footer and I'm afraid to drive it. My husband wants me to take lessons somewhere. Are they available anywhere? :eek:

akjimny

Re: Driving lessons

Hi Kathie and welcome to the RVUSA Forum. Congrats on your new motorhome. I know what you mean about needing driving lessons. When we were shopping I sat in the driver's seat of a couple of different Class A's and didn't feel comfortable. That's why we went with a Class C, because we have had a lot of experience with vans.

But back to your question - I would check with any local RV dealer to see if they had any suggestions, either that or look for a commercial driving school that teaches truck and bus driving. Another way is to find a really big empty parking lot and practice on you own. Good luck and post back to let us know how you do. :) :)

krsmitty

I know some RV dealers do offer classes that you are asking about. As Jimmy mentioned, ask you dealer and then spread to other dealers in the area. If they do not do they may have advice as to who does.

kmsavage1

Check RVschool.com. Depending on where you are, they are a great system of RV Driving Teachers.