Driving our MH through Westchester County NY

copemanphoto

Hi All,
We are heading up to Croton Point Park NY ( Croton-On-Hudson ) in 10 days for a 2 week stay. We are coming up from Florida on I 95, but I am not sure what is the safest route for our 36 foot MH with a tow, to cross over. Should we cross at George Washington Bridge or the Tappan Zee bridge and also what roads or Parkways to use and which ones to avoid getting from the bridge(s) to Croton-on-Hudson. I have very limited experience in this area, but I have heard they have some very narrow roads and low over passes.
Thanks to any body who can help.
Cheers, Mike.

nanoosh

RE: Driving our MH through Westchester County NY

Your best bet is to cross the Tappan Zee. Once you get off the TZ stay to your immediate right and get off the first exit which will be for Route 9 and go north on Route 9. Although you will be going through Tarrytown and Ossining, this is the easiest. You might be too high to go on Route 9A because the bridges are very low. This is an easier route and more direct. Croton is just north of Ossining and is very easy to get to. Get off of Route 9 after Ossining when you see the sign for the Croton-Harmon train station. At the end of the ramp make a left and just continue straight, over the tracks, until you get to the park. We have stayed there many times and it is very nice.

We live in Dutchess County which is two counties north of Westchester. I worked in Westchester for 15 years so I know the area quite well. Good luck!!

copemanphoto

RE: Driving our MH through Westchester County NY

Thanks for the advice Nancy.
Now I know we will get there OK.
Cheers, Mike.