Dry rot problem

ltgnoland

I am pretty new to owning a travel trailer. I recently purchased a 2002 Shasta Oasis, and found dry rot on one side of the front window. I was wondering the best way to do the repair. I do know the leak has been stopped. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Larry

Kirk

Re: Dry rot problem

Where is the dry rot? If it is just in the wood trim, simply remove it and replace it. If in the widow frame, the same answer applies but the job is quite a bit bigger.

ltgnoland

My problem is in between the window frame and closet as well as below the window frame almost to the bed frame. It is solid at the window frame, at the closet, and at the bed frame. About a 2 ft. square. I know I will have to take out the inside "wall", but was unsure what is between inside wall and outside wall, ie. "studs". Also unsure what to use on the new wood I put in, (paint, wallpaper, etc.)

Thanks, Larry

C Nash

Larry you will probably have to go from the outside or is it the inside paneling that has rot? Think you will find a lot more once you get in there. :(

ltgnoland

From what I can tell, the problem lies with the inide panneling. The outside seems to be ok.