Dual A/ C Controls and Refrigerator code

Radman2776

Just purchased a 1999 Thor residency and have a question about the control to run both A/c units. It says I can run both A/c units when the generator is running. It said there is a switch in the rear on driver's side and should be in the up position. I can't find that switch?? On the thrmostat it has zone 1 showing, but can't change to Zone 2?? Any ideas???
The refridgerator has a code lock out and said I have only one chance to clear. I might have used my chance? It locks out when temperature sensor detects the refrigerator is not working. This is what the manual says or what I can understand that it says. Any suggestions or someone I can call to service it?? I am in Alabama. The manual said to call a service once I used my one chance of clearing the code>>>>
Radman :) :)

vanole

Re: Dual A/ C Controls and Refrigerator code

Radman,

Not familiar with where the mystery switch is...

Concerning the changing of zones. If you have the 4 button Duotherm Comfort Control Thermostat (Dometic) hold down the fan and mode button on the thermostat and it will switch between zones (1 being front, 2 being rear). Sometimes dirt on the contacts in the thermostat or phone wire connection on back of the thermostat will also cause it not switch zones or let you cycle thru all the modes ie fan, a/c, heat strips, furnace, heat pump etc if your unit is so equipped with these features. Now the bad news if you do have the 4 button Duo Therm Comfort Control Thermostat it is no longer made and Dometic does not have any parts support (lets not think along these lines). The good news is that there are people out there that can repair the thing much cheaper than what Dometic wants you to do and that is switch to the 5 button thermostat and new boards for your A/C's.

What type of refridgerator do you have?

V/R
Jeff

Radman2776

Thanks for the info. I will check that. As far as the refridgerator, I think it is a Norcold, but I will have to verify. I will get back.
thanks,
Phillip :cool:

Radman2776

Checked the Thermostat swith as Jeff suggested and worked perfectly>>>> Thanks Jeff!!!!!! :) :) :)