ducted a/c vs non-ducted a/c

Hi,
My husband and I are looking into purchasing a 2008 Wildwood/Salem (Forest River) 36bhss. One model has ducted ac while the other is non ducted. What is the difference and does anyone have any commments on this rv? We have 5 children and are limited to a 36ft town ordinance length. This trailer seemed to be our only affordable option. thanks for any help you can give us.

rjf7g

Re: ducted a/c vs non-ducted a/c

Well, I currently have two campers - one has ducted and one does not. Here's my take...
...ducted...make sure you have registers you can close (these can be purchased) so you can put the cold air where you want it when you want it, the registers will sweat if it is really humid

...non ducted...good luck getting the air where you want it when you want it...no experience with the unit sweating

I prefer ducted.

rjf7g

Yeah, I was thinking about that. My non-ducted camper is a 27' class C built in 1992...I can't imagine a 36' non-ducted trailer staying cool unless it has 2-3 ACs! Buy a Gulfstream from GTS and replace the vents with ones that close! You're welcome to come see mine as a reference once I open it up for the season!

Thanks for all the info. We called the dealer back today and he said it was a mis-print with a non ducted a/c. It was nice to know that I could ask the question and get some feedback from you. I like this site! :)