Ducted Air Conditioning

g_man

Just bought a 2000 Fleetwood Bounder 34D with dual ducted A/C. A/C cools but doesn't seem to get COLD. Took the return vent off front and rear, filters are fine. On the rear, I noticed alot of air coming out the bedroom vents, but not so much out of the other vents. Behind the filter in the rear is a metal panel which I removed and this is what I found and I wonder if it is supposed to be like this or not. While looking straight up is the blower and it is blowing out alot of cold air. But, there is no duct going from the blower to the duct work for the rear or the front vents. It's wide open and being that the rear vents are just a foot away from the blower, they are getting plenty of air thru them. It seems to me like there should be some duct work connecting the blower motor to the ducts for the vents. Any ideas or suggestions? I'm new to RV ownership and can't seem to find anything on the internet. I was going to try to come up with something myself.

H2H1

Re: Ducted Air Conditioning

very interested in your find. I have a 03 Fleetwood South wind and I would like to know if mine is that way. I will look after I got back home from camping. It just seems to me that they should be ducted to move the air more efficient to the vents. Please post back your finding

C Nash

Mine will blow out all vents from front or rear. If the rear only is running the air flow from the front vents is small or viceverse if front is only running.

vanole

g_man,

Have two RV's at my house today (mine and a visiting retired Navy buddy). Went outside and looked at both of them after reading your post. My M/H (Monaco) has ducting running to all ceiling outlets/registers and my buddies (Winnebago) is the same.

Jeff