Duo Therm Furnace

Discussion in 'Talkback' started by GL Johnson, Dec 3, 2003.

1. GL Johnson

GL Johnson New Member

I have an older camper with the Duo Therm furnace, model 65925-044. It will not stay lite. The camper is old, but new to me and has been sitting for a few years. IF and when it does light, the burner may, or may not light, but in a short time - 10 minutes to an hour - will go out. It is not windy out when this occurs so I don't believe it to be the weather. Any ideas? I was thnking of changing the regulator. Is this a good or bad approach to this problem? Where can one get parts for this model furnace? Any and all suggestions appreciated.

2. Ed H.

Ed H. New Member

Duo Therm Furnace

Is it a standing pilot system or electonic ignition?
    If it has a pilot, the first thing I would do is check the pilot flame. Is it big enough? Does it make good contact with the thermocouple? It may well have some crud in the pilot burner and a shot of compressed air or a gentle tap with a screwdriver cn dislodge it.
    If it has a spark-type ignition system, the flame sensor may be dirty or out of alignment, but for safety reasons, these things need to be handled by someone who knows what he's doing.
    I would suggest asking someone at your LP supplier to take a look at it. The price of a half-hour exam is a lot cheaper than a heater malfunction.

3. GL Johnson

GL Johnson New Member

Duo Therm Furnace

Thanks for your input. It is an electric ignite system. Your advise is well taken...