Eating Like GTS

G

well i went camping this weekend at ,, most know where ,,, anyway i told the wife we are gonna cook up a storm ,, and we did ,, i smoked a whole rack of ribs all day today ,, the wife made homemade potato salad ,, and a garden fresh salad ,, right out of our garden ,, and i got to say ,, man it was good ,, ribs fell off the bones ,, and every thing else was mmmmmmmm,, and for desert we had peach cobbler with home made ice cream ,,,, (sorry ,, but the cobbler was store bought ,, but good) ok ,, i just thought i would let u all know :eek: ;) :laugh: :bleh: :bleh: :approve: :approve: :evil:

raskal

RE: Eating Like GTS

Parked in a truck stop just north of Denver on the way to New Mex ... just had a Starbucks and some "diner" food.

I hate you Rod! :) :clown: :)

H2H1

Re: Eating Like GTS

he sure likes to brag and rub it in, all I had was a flavored tooth pick. That ok because next week he back to bologna sandwiches. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :cool: :approve:

buftflair

Last Thursday night the #1 grandson spent the night and Grandpa promised that we would cook "Frogmore Stew". Since I don't really care for shrimp I bought just under 1 3/4 pounds of peeled and deveined shrimp for him and Grandma. After all was said and done this soon to be 10 year old wonder ate over a pound of shrimp! Boy, I'm sure glad that he doesn't like them. I think that the next we are out, I will cook up a pot and let the aroma draw the crowd. If I'm near the beach, I'll make sure I let Rod know and he can show up with the suntan oil and a plate.

cwishert

Well Rod I am with raskal. Not liking you too much right now. I am stuck in my office on a Sunday because of Hurricane Ike. I have been working 12 hours a day since Wednesday. When you get off the beach, bring some of that food to my house. It looks like I won't be having any good home cooked food for about a month until they decide we don't have to serve the hurricane victims 12 hours a day 7 days a week. (I work at the food stamp office). Hubby is actually going grocery shopping today by himself for the first time in our 24 years together. This storm has proven to be a real test even to the people whose homes were not affected. Believe me I could say a whole lot more but I have to get back to work. Hope all others are doing well and eating as good as Rod! :)

buftflair

Well Carol, I would send you some of those shrimp, but the Feds would probably get the sniffing dogs out and I would wind up in jail. Seriouslt thogh, our thoughts and prayers are with ALL of you right now!

cwishert

Yeah I love shrimp but I don't want any one following the scent to my door. :laugh: Whenever you cook up another pot let me know where you are and I will follow the aroma and get me some. ;) You all eat good for me. It's not like I've missed too many meals though. Just look at my album. I could stand to push back from the table more often. :laugh:

Grandview Trailer Sa

We went to 'The Fields Days of the Past" on Sat. near Richmond VA. At the show I just had some pulled BBQ and beans. Sat. night I did have steaks on the grill. Other meals included Lasagna, Biscuits with Sausage grave, Pancakes, Eggs and Bacon.

We had 7 campers in my wifes cousins yard. Everyone thru food together all weekend and there was always some left over.

C Nash

Now aint that just like Rod, telling us all about the good food AFTER IT'S ALL GONE :angry: :disapprove: :dead: :laugh: ;)

G

well sorry all ,, but i was not on the beach :( :disapprove: ,, but i wish i was ,, i was at my local spot Misty River in Walland ,, but for the shrimp ,, bring it on ,, i'll eat any form of sea food ,, raw or cooked ,, but sorry ,, i was trying to keep up with GTS ,, he always eats good when he camps out on his farm ,, i can remember stuff like bbq pork and very good breakfast they had ,,,, but then agian once he did only have hot dogs ,, but ,, hey that's ok with me ,, any food grilled out at a CS is better than at home :approve: :approve: :bleh: :bleh: :laugh:
oops ,, and Nash ,, i must tell u i ate the last rib tonight ,, i had the other's for a midnight snack last night ,, ;) :eek:

G

yea ,, sorry ,, but did u see what GTS cooked up ??? ,, and even breakfast ,, why didn't i think of ribs and egs for breakfast ??? :( :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

C Nash

Bet Ken put on a few pounds :eek: :laugh: :laugh: Bet that Durmax had to huff a little harder on the way back :eek: :evil: ;)

G

yea ,, but Ken u got all those left overs to do something with ,, and i know u won't throw them out ;) :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :approve: :approve: :clown: :evil:

C Nash

HeyRod, do you believe in reincarnation :eek: We could go and really punish Ken's dog and then maybe we would be reincarneted as his dog in our next life and get all them good scraps :bleh: :eek: :laugh: :evil: ;) :dead: