egr

akjimny

Re: egr

Hi Earl and welcome to the RVUSA Forum. EGR problems with what? We need more info in order to give you better suggestions / answers. :) :)

Triple E

RE: egr

im4me273 - 5/19/2011 9:24 PM Has anyone with egr problems have there DPF filter checked to see if that's causing the problem?

What I understand, if the DPF, Diesel Particulate Filter,is full ofsoot and not burning, "lightoff", correctly or is full of ashwill cause problems with the EGR, Exhaust Gas Recirculation. Each of these systems has positives and negatives affecting engine operation and maintenance. Using a high quality synthetic oil has been proven to help reducethis problem.

If I was to have an EGR problem cleaning the DPF would be the first thing I would do. :approve:

Triple E

krsmitty - 5/21/2011 6:30 AM Or get the DPF delete kit. What year & model is your truck?

They make a PDF deletion kit? :question: Learn something new everyday. Are the pretty costly?

Triple E

Has removing it improved you mileage and does it change the fuel dilution into the oil sump? I find this interesting. :approve: In my mind this has to increase your mileage. :cool: