egr

Discussion in 'Talkback' started by im4me273, May 20, 2011.

1. im4me273

im4me273 New Member

Has anyone with egr problems have there DPF filter checked to see if that's causing the problem?

2. akjimny

akjimny Senior Member

Re: egr

Hi Earl and welcome to the RVUSA Forum. EGR problems with what? We need more info in order to give you better suggestions / answers. :) :)

3. krsmitty

krsmitty Senior Member

Diesel motor.

4. Triple E

Triple E Senior Member

RE: egr

What I understand, if the DPF, Diesel Particulate Filter,is full ofsoot and not burning, "lightoff", correctly or is full of ashwill cause problems with the EGR, Exhaust Gas Recirculation. Each of these systems has positives and negatives affecting engine operation and maintenance. Using a high quality synthetic oil has been proven to help reducethis problem.

If I was to have an EGR problem cleaning the DPF would be the first thing I would do. :approve:

5. krsmitty

krsmitty Senior Member

Or get the DPF delete kit.

What year & model is your truck?

6. Triple E

Triple E Senior Member

They make a PDF deletion kit? :question: Learn something new everyday. Are the pretty costly?

7. krsmitty

krsmitty Senior Member

Yep...I have a 07 so don't have to worry about it on mine.

http://www.xtremediesel.com/dpfdeleteshop.aspx?gclid=CLPW_ITm-agCFQW87Qod-TV4SQ

8. Triple E

Triple E Senior Member

Has removing it improved you mileage and does it change the fuel dilution into the oil sump? I find this interesting. :approve: In my mind this has to increase your mileage. :cool:

9. krsmitty

krsmitty Senior Member

I did not have the DPF on my Ram. I have heard that it does increase mpg though.