electric steps problem again

DogMan

I have a 1991 pace arrow and the electric steps will not work. I can hear them try to work but the steps will not come down. Before they stopped working I would sometime have to give them a little push to get the to go up and then they would not go all the way up. The last time I pushed them all the way up and now the will not move at all. Any suggestions

Fred Jackson

H2H1

Re: electric steps problem again

Hi Fred have you tried cleaning and lubricating them? I have a 03 South wind with electric steps also. I always clean and oil them real well. Remember they get road grime each and everytime you are on the road

vanole

DogMan,

My steps on previous M/H used to give me fits. They had a mind of their own thats for sure. Hollis is spot on about regular lubrication due to road grime etc.

Did your steps retract without your assistance in the past when you started the engine? If so I'd be looking at your batteries, poor ground connection or converter. If I remember correctly steps will act erratically if you do not have a minimum of 30 amps. My steps irregardless of how much they frustrated me always worked/retracted perfectly when I fired up the cummins. I finally traced the wires and found the ground wire (green) had a questionalbe spot on the insulation and then applied some heat shrink to it and problem never appeared again during ownership.

Not sure if I made the proper fix but it worked for me.

Jeff

H2H1

I forgot to say check your electrical contact and making sure they are cleaned and no rust built up