Electric waste gates

turtlebutt_k

Has anyone had experience with electric waste gates? We have an older 5th wheel and I'm having trouble pulling the handles to open the black and gray tanks due to physical disability. Is there one brand better than another? Are they prone to problems? Thanks for your help.

ironart

Re: Electric waste gates

Hi Turtlebutt and welcome.
The Items you are speaking about are a standard plumbing items. Primarily used in water treatment plants and commercial buildings.. There are several versions depending on the pressure needed to be contained. some are pneumatic and some are electric. All are bulky and require quite a bit of space to install....You may have to revamp your plumbing and cut some holes to accommodate these larger valves. I will try to find a link to a valve mfg. for you.

Good Luck in your search...

Paul

G

Larry ,, welcome to the forums ,, the valves u are looking into can be bought at camp world or any rv dealer ,, they go in place of the valves u already have ,, i have installed a bunch of the long cable type ,, but none of the electric ,, as of yet ,, and believe it or not ,, they even have some out there that are remote control ,,, all u need is the size of u'r current valves ,, but most are all the standard ,, but better ck and make sure ,,, if Camp world don't have them ,, contact Keneth @ Grandview Trailer Sales ,, he can get u what u want ,, and believe me ,, he will ,, hope this helps out some ;) :approve: :approve: :approve:

ironart

See Turtlebutt.........Arn't you glad you came to this Forum.....You always get the right answers from people who know...!!!!

turtlebutt_k

Thanks for the welcome and info. This is a great place for help...I've learned a lot and hope to continue learning from all the experienced people here. :)