electrical power

levoyb

I know this a crazy question, but I went over today to crank my m/h(Its in a storage lot). Cranked my m/h alright and started my generator. But then I had no electrical power to micro wave, lights, etc. checked the circuit breakers inside andthey semed to all not be tripped. It is a 1991 pace arow. Never had this problem before. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

waroland

RE: electrical power

May be power transfer switch not switching to Gen. power. Can you try it on shore power?

G

Good point ,, another one also ,, if u don;t have the transfer switch ,, is the shore power plugged into the genset outlet ,, and is the genset breakers tripped ???
As for the lights ,, maybe batt. disconnect is in the off position :question: :question:

levoyb

Thanks for the help and pardon my ignorance, but I can't plug into a external source. I don'tthink I have a switch to plug in. I did on another m/h I had. Would the genset breaker be located somewhere around the generator? I checked all the breakers inside the m/h. Any help would be appreciated.

G

yes ,, ck on the genset it self it should have one or two breakers ,, but how about the lights ??? do they work with out any power ???

levoyb

Thanks guys, I went over today, cranked the generator, reset the circuit breakers inside and nothing. Went outside looked around the generator for another breaker and didn't find one. Went back inside and a light was on and I had power to microwave, etc. Go figure. I still don't know what happened, but I am grateful. :) :)

G

kinda sounds like u'r transfer switch for shore/gen power may have hung up ,, but glad u got it now ,, and btw ,, thanks for letting us know back :approve: :approve: :approve:

G

Re: electrical power

Yep ,, they allways do :disapprove: :dead: :approve: :approve: :)

C Nash

Re: electrical power

Sometimes the generator will run for several minutes before the ac power kicks in.