Electrical Question

Popatop

I have a 1992 Damon Escaper Fifth Wheel. The electrical system is causing me to question my common sense. So I figured, I would try it on here for some of you to direct me. Here is my dilemma: When the shorepower is hooked up, all electrical functions work fine. When disconnected, the battery power should take over and fun most everything, within reason, fine. It does not run anything. I have taken the battery out (it is 18 months old and a deep cycle battery, tested it, and according to the printout at the testing center, it tests fine). What do you think is causing the 12 volt system to not kick in automatically?

Any help or advice would be appreciated.

C Nash

Re: Electrical Question

You probabl have a cutt off switch that is cut of. If not, ck all connections and fuse.

H2H1

like Nash said check your fuses, one my be corroded and need to be replace.

Popatop

Would anyone have any idea where this cutoff switch may be. I checked the fuses in my converter and all appear to be good. Can someone point me in the right direction as to checking for fuses anywhere else? :)

C Nash

Ryan, I don't know on the 5th wheel but mine on the MH is in the front basement plus has a switch by the entrance door that cuts off the batteries. Look in the area where the battery is located. Also look in all the storage compartments. Next step VOM and start at battery and work forward. Good luck and keep us posted.

Popatop

Does anyone know what the cutoff switch looks like? I don't have a switch like you talk about C Nash that I am aware of.