Electrical switch

kellyx4

I was wondering if someone could help with a question that I have.

I have just purchased a 2003 Dutchman Classic 31BH travel trailer.

There are 3 electrical switchs on the right side of the cooktop.

I know one is a systems monitoring panel, one is for the hot water heater, but the third has me puzzled. It has a red light and a horizontal swithc similar to a standard house lighting switch.

Can someone tell me what this switch is for? I have turned it on and off several times and can not see that it does anything. I can not find it in the owners manual either.

The picture below shows the switch that I am talking about. It is not the best pic, all I had at the time was my cell phone.

Any help would be appreciated

camper-1.jpg

DL Rupper

Re: Electrical switch

Sounds good. My water pump has a red light when it's on. Put some water in your fresh water tank and see if it will pump when the switch is on and the tap open.

Welcome to the forum kellyx4.

G

may be for the water pump ,, as DL stated ,, mine has a swtich also for the WP ,, but it's in the main panel ,, with the WH and such ,, and welcome to the forum :) :)

kellyx4

RE: Electrical switch

Thanks for the help everyone.

I know it is not for the water pump, it is in the systems monitor panel, but it may indeed be electric hot water, I will have to check that out.

I have had several smaller campers (pop-ups and older trailers) over the years but never had all the niceties and gadgets that this one has, so learning all over again.

DL Rupper

Hey kellyx4, it probably is the electric hot water heater. My electric hot water heater is separate from the gas hot water heater. Neither one are on the monitor panel, but the water pump switch is on the monitor panel. All the manufacturers do things different, so unless someone has the same make and model as yours, it's a hit and miss on the advice. :)

H2H1

I agree with DL, it pobably the electric hot water switch. Hook up your water hose fill the HWT and switch the switch on and wait and see ityour hot water is hot, if so you now what it is. Mine in my MH is like that and clsoe to the gas switch. good luck ps welcome to the forum.

kellyx4

Just wanted to follow up on the switch and answer my own question since it may help someone else. It is indeed the electric hot water heater. I tested it this weekend and it worked well. Thanks to all for the input.

Kirk

Kelly,
While I'm a bit late to be much help, just for future reference, the switch you were asking about would be very unusual to be used for 12V-dc power. It is a typical 120V switch and those don't work well for the low voltages. The one marked as your water heater is a typical 12V switch. In general, the appearance of the switch is a good hint about what power it supplies.