Electrical system issues

bob1553

I recently bought a bit of a fixer-upper, a 1988 Allegro. Engine and transmission wise, everything seems fine according to my mechanic. The cockpit electrical system is fine also. However, the house electrical system is baffling me. The house batteries were dead when I got it, so my first purchase was two new ones. That got the generator going (it had to be jumped to check it before purchase) and the batteries seem to be charging according to the dashboard gauge. The electrical outlets all work as well as the microwave and both air conditioners. However, I can't get any of the light fixtures to come on or the refrigerator. I've checked every fuse and circuit breaker I can find, but nothing seems wrong with any of them. I got an owner's manual from Tiffin that covers the model of my MH, but it hasn't been much help. Any ideas?

Triple E

Re: Electrical system issues

Your refer and lights are 12VDC. Have you tried your lights with the Gen running or while on shore power? If your lights and refer work that means that your converter is working and providing 12VDC to your DC system.

Without the shore power or generator, you will be pulling DC power from your batteries. In my coach there is a switch above the door that has to be turned on before I pull power from the batteries for the lights and refer. While using shore power or generator this switch is being bypassed. Good luck and I hope you understand what I am trying to say. :)

:8ball: