Emergency road service Plans

dadshotrod

We are looking for an emer. road service plan for our Diesel pusher. We belong to Good Sam!! We looked at their plan & AAA's. Any thoughts or suggestions?? Towing distances and services, features, premier or standard plans??? Thanx for looking!!! BOB

vanole

Re: Emergency road service Plans

dadshotrod,

I've had Good Sam and had no problems. I presently have COACHNET got more bang for the buck upon renewal so I went with them. I also for some unknow reason (read wife) have Platinum AAA RV+ coverage also. I would not put all my eggs in the AAA RV coverage though if you read their coverage and brouchere it say words to the affect that coverage is not in all places.

Now my Paul Harvey (operative word is my) back in the early 2000's I had my road service wrapped in my insurance and it was a mistake for me. Not the insurance which is thru the National Interstate who farmed out the RV Road Service to Continental Car Club. When I had a right front tire blow out they sent a tow truck (with no replacement tire) even though they understood I needed a tire and the truck itself would have had trouble towing a mini cooper let alone at the time a 38' Diplomat. So in my opinion go with one of the big boys Good Sam or COACHNET not a car club on steroids. My hostage crisis in the above incident resulted in a second tow truck coming again sans tire and being towed to a under construction LOWES parking lot in Front Royal Virginia and a 36 hour wait for a tire. Course now I carry a spare won't ever let that happen again.

Jeff

H2H1

I went back to Good Sam's, reason was the price and coverage. I also have the extended warranty with them. Jeff I have a spare but it would take awhile to figure how to get it off/down from the rear of the MH. Beside it may be the original spare tire, who knows. I rather buy a new one when one is needed.

akjimny

Bob. I went with Good Sam, only because I didn't know about Coachnet. Come renewal time I'll have to do some comparison shopping, especially considering I do a lot of traveling thru Canada.

Hollis, I feel your pain. Last summer when I wore the passenger side front down to the radial cords I tried to buy a spare rather than get the factory original down from under the MH. No luck buying one, but thank goodness my younger bro-in-law happened by and volunteered. The spare was BOLTED to the undercarriage - not on a winch or anything. He had to unbolt it, drop it on his chest, and slither out with it. Needless to say, I bought a spare tire carrier and now it's bolted to the back bumper. :) :)

vanole

Hollis,

Got my tire in the pass thru bay. Yes its heavy but its unmounted and I can get it out. That tire that got replaced in Front Royal set me back $750. Talk about getting fleeced. Now here locally that same tire is $463. My wallet is still smarting over that.

Jeff

akjimny

I don't feel so bad about my $220.00 tires now. :eek: :eek: :laugh: :laugh:

H2H1

thanks guys, you are making the old man feel good again :laugh: .No since we are talking about spares I guess I will just go see if I can indeed get it down and off. If I do I will go get me a new one. Also Jeff I don't have the luxury of a pass thru bay and Jimmy no bumper either so back under it will go. The new set of tires I bought 2 years ago cost me $2400.00 with a $350 rebate from GY, So I will get me another 670 GY RV tire

vanole

Hollis,

After my experience I said to myself never again without a spare and having to deal with someone when they got what I want and they want to charge a premium price. I presently am running with 8 G670's and one in the bay.

Getting back to the OP you can't go wrong with either GS or CN. Both provide the service to the Motorhome/RV community and know how to deal with all road service emergency with respect to these types of vehicles.

V/R
Jeff

krsmitty

I had AAA and decided back in Feb. to go with Good Sam because of cost. GS was half the price. Used them a few months a go for a tire on my TV where the valve stem decided to go. No problems so far.

jimmyleggett

RE: Emergency road service Plans

I have Good Sam Roadside emergeny plan and am very happy with it. The times I have called them I have always recieved courteous, rapid assistance. Never considered coachnet since at the time I signed up for Good Sam I had never heard of it.
I am on my third yeard of the platimun plan and I like it.

jimmyleggett

From reading those adventures just as glad I have the tire replacement plan and NO spare to worry with. :laugh: :laugh: