Engine Battery

ARCHER

Wouldn't you know it. Started the ole gal today, ran her around the block, parked her and then worked on some other items. Came back a little later and was gonna put her back on the driveway and she would not start with the main battery. Got her started using aux battery booster switch but she kept stalling out. I think I caused the stall because I had sprayed gumout down in the carb about a week ago and did not run her very long, so probably got some dirt that got loose. Not sure about the battery issue. Also, found a belt laying on the ground so called ERS Good Sam and they sent someone out to replace it within two hours here at the house. Turned out that there are two belts that ran what the belt that broke ran....safety thing so you don't get stuck out in noman's land is what I am told. Anyway, did not replace the belt yet, but am charging the battery on slow charge and will see tomorrow if it will start with main engine battery. I put a new Diehard in it in April of this year. Didn't think I had a drain, but guess I was wrong. Anyhow, we have a sale pending on her so wanted to make sure she was safe to drive for the new owner regarding the belt and the battery. Just crying on everyone's shoulder.
Always something......... :disapprove: :dead: :approve: ;)

C Nash

Re: Engine Battery

Archer, If the belts ran the Alt when one broke the other would probably slip and not let the alt charge like it should. I f you only drove around the block I would think it would not go completely dead unless it was already pretty low and you was using lights or some other heavy load like the AC. Good luck and I know someone will be getting a good MH.

ARCHER

RE: Engine Battery

Well, I think I found the culprit. When taking off the battery charger leads, I noticed the hot/red connection to the battery was a little loose. Tightened it down a little left if overnight and just went out and it fired right up using the engine battery.
Sure would be nice if all the problemes we all have could be solved that easily. ;)

C Nash

Now you get a patch on your arm Archer :laugh: Glad it was something simple.

H2H1

well Archer wish mine was that easy. I thought I had it fixed, but it's not. I am going to put the MH in the shop this coming week and see if they can solve the problem. I am just plain worn out looking. I will post back as what was the problem when I find out. But nevertheless we are going to the mountain this fall and the bad land of SD next spring. :laugh:

ARCHER

Glad I got her fixed. The folks that wanted to buy her called and brought us the funds and took her away yesterday afternoon. She now belongs to someone else for training. She was good and will be missed by us. They got a really good deal and I hope they enjoy her as much as we did.