Engine compartment light

Discussion in 'General RVing' started by SURVEYOR1, Jan 28, 2011.

1. SURVEYOR1

SURVEYOR1 New Member

I recently bought a '99 Tiffin Allegro 28WB.
    There is an oval shaped light in the front under the "hood". I guess technically that wouldn't be the engine compartment. Anyway, when I first had the unit I couldn't figure out how to turn it on. Then, suddenly I noticed that it was on and now I can't figure out how to turn it off. If nothing else works, I'll put a switch on it, but it would be nice to know from whence the power comes. I looked real hard for a door switch to no avail.

BTW, I found the air valves on my duallies after looking harder.

2. H2H1

H2H1 Senior Member

Re: Engine compartment light

Well I don't know about at Tiffin Allegro, but I have switch on my dash on the left side of the steering wheel that controls the lights in the compartments and the hood light.

3. SURVEYOR1

SURVEYOR1 New Member

We have a bingo !
    Thanks H2, after pondering your reply it dawned on me that I had cranked the dashboard dimmer switch past the "click" and left it.
    I noticed at the time that nothing came on. Well, as it turns out, what comes on is the light under the hood.
    Problem, or lack thereof, resolved.

4. Triple E

Triple E Senior Member

WAY TO GO HOLLIS. :cool: :cool: :cool: :approve:

5. H2H1

H2H1 Senior Member

well that is what we are here for is to help each other out. So glad you have it solved.

6. Guest

Guest Guest

Just think ,, Hollis is really an rv tech under cover ,, u had us all fooled Hollis ;) :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

7. H2H1

H2H1 Senior Member

Rod all I know is for listering to you and Ken and others. I will have to admit, I have learned a lot for yall, thanks :laugh:

8. TexasClodhopper

TexasClodhopper Senior Member

Dang! Now Hollis will be totally unfettered and unmanageable! :clown:

9. C Nash

C Nash Senior Member

He has already set up a pay for advice web site :laugh: ;)