extended kingpin box

bert1313

I just purchased my first fifth wheel trailer and the king pin comes straight down . I have a shortbed truck and don't think I have the room I need for regular driving . I noticed that 99% of 5th wheels have an extended kingpin box . I am not in the market for an expensive air shock or airborne box . I am looking for a basic box , used if possible . Where can I get one . Does anyone have one for sale . I tried salvage websites and e-bay with no luck .

Grandview Trailer Sa

Re: extended kingpin box

If you can tell us who made your frame, we might be able to help. Also the age of your trailer. I also hope you have a slider hitch. An extended pin box alone will not allow you to turn with a short bed truck.

bert1313

It is a 1998 Prowler Regal 33'. I do have a slider. I do not know how to identify the frame ! Is there an identification plate somewhere ?

Grandview Trailer Sa

There should be a name on it somewhere. Since Fleetwood is out of business, you can't call them. A local dealer might be able to tell you who made the frame.

Grandview Trailer Sa

Maybe, but I don't think RBW made frames. You need to go to a Fleetwood dealer and ask them who might have made the frame.