Extended warranties

banditogto

Hello everyone. New to this, but here goes: 1993 pinnacle, purchased a year ago. A week after buying it, we were using the roof air & noticed what appeared to be smoke coming from the front unit. Turns out it was a refrigerant leak. We took it back to the dealer and they said they would repair the problem. We got it back a week later and it worked fine. Parked it over the winter and come this summer, again the same problem with the front roof air. We took it to Giant RV to be repaired because we purchased an extended warranty from the dealer where we purchased the coach. Giant RV told us that an inspector came out from our warranty company and denied our claim due to the fact that the unit had been welded and they would not cover it. I really don’t think taking it back to the dealer where purchased is an option due to the fact that this same mechanic who did the welding also mixed the R12 and 134 refrigerant in the dash A/C. Why purchase a warranty when they never seem to want to cover anything? Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

janicenlarry

Extended warranties

These warranties are very specific in what they cover and the proceedures to obtain payment. Before buying, you need to get a copy of the policy from a number of companies and review them very carefully. It is also not recommended to buy a warranty from a dealer. I have had decent luck with the warranty program on my rig and have no complaints. Good luck

ARCHER

Extended warranties

I've never bought one and never will.......just because of what type stuff happens like above...sorry for your problem.... :disapprove:

lhyzer

Extended warranties

Extended warranties are usually for peace of mind. If that is what a person wants go for it. Just read the fine print and know exactly what is and what is not covered before you purchase it.

But the aggravation and frustration of having the claims settled is not worth it in my book. JMHO

The real reason for dealer to suggest buying the extended warranty is to put more money in his pocket. Not to save you grief or problems down the line.

As other's have said what works for one doesn't always work for the other.

banditogto

Extended warranties

Thanks for the responses gang, but it seems that things have really taken a turn for the worst. Went to pick up our rig yesterday from giant RV in Montclair Ca. and decided to check the repairs they said they'd done. well, my wipers now only have one speed, my speedometer reads 80 MPH while standing still, voltmeter not working, windshield washer not working, dash air not fixed, there are sounds of a relay going crazy under the dash. These are all things that either were working prior to taking it in, or things that were to be fixed. Now they're telling me that it needs an alternator! IT WAS FINE WHEN I TOOK IT IN! Jeeeeze!

janicenlarry

Extended warranties

Have you talked to the warranty company. Sometimes these dealers take your warranty money and never send it in. Unfortunately your experience is all too familar with dealers in this industry. I was backwalled too many times by my dealer, LazyDays, and I finally took it to the factory to get things done properly and with a smile. Good luck :cool:

ARCHER

Extended warranties

I would contact the manufacturer immediately but make sure you got support for all your gonna tell them, and it sounds like an ear full.
Good luck and stay positive.....they should take care of you. Oh, don't forget to file info at the BBB about your dealer who took good care of you.... :disapprove: :approve: ;)