Extended Warranties

mdoersam

I was wondering what you get with Extended Warranties? What to look for? What is the average cost of a Extended warranty? Is it worth it on used RVs? Do all New RV's come with Warranties? What are some great rv magazine resources out there for Canadian Full Time RVers? I am a newbie. Im thinking of taking the plunge and buying a RV for Full Time. Thanks Mikela Toronto ON. :)

jetboat

RE: Extended Warranties

this subject has been discused, check back posts.personally, we have had a couple,the last was when we bought our forest river sandpiper.after the year mfg. warranty was up, there was a slide uot problem,result! they would look into whats covered ''AFTER'' it was fixed at our expence.thats just whati wanted to here.the plan we had,covered the nuts and bolts,but not the slide.called and cancelled the plan,and got a refund. remember,almost all major items in rvs have a mfg. warranty,and they also have extended plans.and dont let the sales person or finance geek to sell you something,all they want is there shall we say,there piece of the pie!.

H2H1

Re: Extended Warranties

Well Dennis sometime I agree with the Consumer Report, but on this case I disagree. I bought the extended warranty and had to call on them for repair cost . I must admit they paid off with no hesitation. My RV tech made contact when them and explain the problem and they agreed to pay the cost. So I am glad I got it. The last expense was the water tank replacement which cost over $1500, my cost was 100.00 deductible, so I am satisfied with it.

Domingo

I have always purchased extended warranties on all my cars. I do not know what to purchase for my RV. Can anybody revisit this question. I am interested in what to cover, and how much I should pay. I have a 2000 Holiday Rambler Endevour, 36' gas.

vanole

I have had extended waranties (Prizm) on both M/H I have owned. I have had great success with them and each has paid for itself. If I remember correctly there are two types of warranties and you want the one that specifies what is not covered. A thing that you must remember is to follow the directions when attempting to make a claim.

V/R
Jeff

utmtman

I bought an extended warranty as well and they are not cheap and it has been fine so far and I have used it a half dozen times or more but if I had it to do all over I would probably have banked that money in savings dedicated to rv repairs.