Fall Tour

ShineyObject

Living in North Georgia we are familiar with mountains and wonderful seasons. My wife wants to "go to New England and see the leaves" so I'm looking for advice on travel past the Mason Dixon line --- Maybe upstate NY? Seems most things are closing down just after Labor Day up there. Don't know much about the region.
Bottom line....where can I take my bride in our 21' RV for about 10 days - Mid September through October? Please help me with your suggestions! LOL

hertig

Re: Fall Tour

I don't know if they are open, or what the weather is like then. But we really enjoyed our stay in July at Winter Island Park, on Winter Island just off the coast of Salem, MA.

DL Rupper

Hey ShineyObject, welcome to the forum. We are currently in Maine, and from what the RV parks here are advertising, most of them close for the season mid Oct. There are a few good RV Parks in upstate New Hampshire and you should get a good sampling of the leaves.

Vermont should be spectacular also, but the Vermont people are weird. They seem want to keep Vermont all to themselves. They don't even keep their roads repaired so as to discourage tourists. I heard when I was there in May that some of them want out of the U.S. Union. Don't know if that is true or not.
Bottom line: The folks in New Hampshire were a lot more friendly. Just my opinion. :laugh:

ShineyObject

DL - I think I can make the Adirondacks then I'll have to head back southward. I will have 10 days & I want to make Pennsylvania, West Virginia, Virginia and maybe North Carolina on the way back. Once in Virginia, I'm pretty much familiar with the lay of the land.
Odd about Vermont folks...maybe you just hit a relationship snag. Lord knows, we got plenty of ... uh, 'unusual' folk here in Georgia and the last time they tried to suceed from the Union an ass kicking ensued! My GG Grandpaw was from E. Tennessee and was in the Union Army (Indiana Calvary) Much of the
Southern Appilachian folks were with the Union. But, I digress.
I may just have to get on the phone and do more checking for a plan to make a fall sweep. I do need information though if anyone has suggestions about NY, PA areas.

DL Rupper

Country Acres Family Campground, just East of Lancaster, Pa on Highway 30 is a good campground. It is in the heart of Amish country about 60 miles West of Philly on Highway 30. There is a really good Diner about 2 miles West of the RV park on Highway 30 that I recommend highly when it's time to eat. Good luck and have a safe trip. :) Also if you get a chance, Hershey, PA (home of Hershey chocolate) is a fun place to go and spend a day.