Fantastic Song!

rjf7g

Re: Fantastic Song!

Wow! That's a well written, superbly performed tune! Thanks for sharing.

As a public school district employee responsible for our School Board policy on Acceptable Use of Technology, he did break several policies (assuming his district's policies are similar to ours). In my district, we are mindful of personal use of social media vs professional use and encourage responsible use of both. I use the same avatar but different ID and email accounts for personal and professional networks and never post anything on an RV forum I wouldn't stand up in front of my School Board and read!

I wonder if his firing is less about free speech and more about the breaking of policies regarding the access to parent emails and his use of his professional relationship with people to further a cause. Here's our policy on Political Activities:
Employees of the Board are encouraged to exercise all their rights as citizens, including involvement in political activities. However, no employee shall use his position within the school division to further a political cause, and no employee shall attempt to indoctrinate the students by virtue of his position during the time students are under the supervision of the Board. The political activities of employees shall be restricted to their "off hours."