Finally found it...but have a couple of questions

Discussion in 'Class A / Diesel Pushers' started by Shorty, Oct 8, 2007.

1. Shorty

Shorty Senior Member

Well...after years of dreaming and months of research, lookin and kickin' tires we have finaly located my next RV.
    I found a 1998 Dutch Star, 8.3 325 Cummins(mechanical injectors) Spartan chassis, very well kept, low millage.
    Along with my eyes, it has been checked out by a tech. Am buying it from private party.
    I think that the smartest way to go is to have my bank wire the $$ to the bank that has his note.

Has anyone else paid cash for a RV from a private seller that still has a loan on it? What would be the best way to do this?

Also, one last time...anyone have any inputs on this model?

I was torn between Newmar, Monaco and Tiffin...after road tests and reasearch, the Newmar won. BUT, it's not a one deal till the bill of sale is done.

2. Shorty

Shorty Senior Member

Re: Finally found it...but have a couple of questions

Guess I'll have to answer myself.
    Wire is the fastest and most secure way if there is a payoff involved. Cashiers check can take a week to be cleared by the receiving bank. Giving the seller cash...well.... I do miss the days when everything went by a handshake.

Thank you to ALL of you on this forum. Without this forum I would not have joined the RV consumer group.
    Without this forum's knowledge and insight, I would not have been able to make an educated decision.

In fact, I'm a double happy camper....that is untill I sell the older one :)
  3. DL Rupper

DL Rupper Senior Member

Re: Finally found it...but have a couple of questions

Enjoy :) Happy Camping in your new RV. :cool: