First rv: 22 ft or 26ft? HELP!

Tarheelcowboy

Looking to buy my first RV. I am stuck between a 22 ft and a 26 ft. It is me and my 2 boys (14 and 10) and a chocolate lab. I know the old saying, "your first rv will not be your last." I want to get one with plenty of room but I don't want to be hauling around too much RV. The 22' is fine now but as the boys grow older are we going to be cramped? Are there other factors I should be concerned with? Thanks in advance.

TexasClodhopper

Re: First rv: 22 ft or 26ft? HELP!

If you were looking for a motor home (MH), I can say we settled on a 32 foot Class C for several reasons. It was real maneuverable, it had more resale value than a 20+ foot and it had plenty of room.

After Hurricane Ike wiped us out down here, Sallyberetta and I brought my son and his wife into it while we 'camped' in our driveway. There was plenty of room for 2 weeks while we all waited for the power to come back on.

We've had up to 8 people ride with us on a 200 mile trip. Of course it was just a ride, and no one stayed overnight, but there weren't any problems finding places to sit.

Tarheelcowboy

Thanks but I am looking into travel trailers. The more I read, it looks like a slide out is a must with kids and a dog.

H2H1

well I have had a tt with not slide and it was the pits and it was just 2 of us. we sold that one and got one with a slide and that was so much better. We also sold it and bought MH and we are real happy with that. If you get a tt get one with slide

pipelinemama

Personally i would go for the 26 ft for 3 people and a dog. As far as the slide goes, if you are going to spend alot of time in it, it's amazing how much difference just one slide-out makes. But for occasional camping, with a lot of time spent outdoors, you will be fine without the slide if you'll go for the 26. Just my humble opinion! We had a 22 ft. tt just for camping before we got the one we have now, and it was a bit cramped with three people when we were all in it. Just do a lot of looking, and before you buy it, bring the kiddos in to check it out for size!

CAC RV

My wife told me if we are getting into RVing that we had to get the 45 ft with 4 slides................and its just the two of us. I would think 3 people and a dog in a 26 ft would be small.

H2H1

Hey Craig if what the your want fits your budget then get what she wants and all be happy. I went thru 2 TT before I got a 36' MH with 3 slides fully loaded. But it was used with 12,000 miles on it. But that all that would fix my wallet. :(